The HU 6 Hydrolysis Unit is designed specifically for the preliminary hydrolysis of food samples prior
to the analysis to determine the total fat content percentage.
The unit houses up to 6 glass test-tubes 42mm meaning that up to six samples can be hydrolyzed simultaneously.
The quantity of sample required depends on the fat content of the sample itself and ranges from 3-10g.
Hydrolysis is carried out in an acid environment (hydrochloric acid 4N) or in some cases in a basic environment (ammonium 20% w/v) for approximately one hour at a temperature of 170°C.
The Hydrolyzed sample is then filtered in a glass crucible and washed with warm de-ionized water to eliminate traces of Hydrochloric acid.
The dry hydrolyzed sample then undergoes extraction by solvents in the Velp SER148 3/6 in order to determine the percentage total fat content.
The HU6 offers the possibility of reproducing the exact operating conditions, ensures complete operator safety and a saving in terms of time and costs (chemical reagents).
The compact design of the instrument also saves space on the laboratory bench.
- Construction material: epoxy painted stainless steel structure
- Number of samples: 6 samples
- Set temperature: display visualization
- Countdown: display visualization
- Display: LCD
- Number of programs: 20
- Selectable language: I, F, UK, E, D, T
- Power: 1.350 W
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 355x590x450 mm
- Weight: 14.5 Kg
- Temperature range: from room temp. to 200 °C
- Temperature calibration: automatic
- Stability of the heating block temperature: ± 0,5°C
- Homogeneity of the heating block temperature: ± 0,5°C
- Precision of the heating block temperature: ± 0,5°C
- Reaching of set temperature: acoustic and visual signal