Biochemical Oxygen Demand, commonly known as BOD analysis, is a chemical procedure for determining the
amount of dissolved oxygen consumed by aerobic biological microorganisms in water.
The analysis is carried out on a given water sample at certain temperature over a specific period.
The results are most commonly expressed in milligrams of oxygen consumed per liter of sample at a constant temperature of 20 °C over a 5 day incubation period (BOD5), or during complete oxidation obtained after a maximum period of 30 days (BODultimate).
BOD analysis is widely used as an indication of the organic quality of water and the degree of organic pollution of water.
- Reading value: mg/l (ppm) directly on the display
- Measurement by electronic pressure probe
- Bottle total capacity: 500 ml
- Stored data: 5 BOD values at 24h intervals
- BOD values: directly on the display at any time also after the standard 5 days period
- BODlast determination: possible
- Scales: 90, 250, 600, 999 ppm BOD. Higher values after dilution
- Display: digits 3 LED
- Safety class: 3 IEC 1010
- Electronic protection degree CEI EN 60529: IP 54
- Construction material: technopolymer
- Power supply: 2x3V lithium batteries
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 55x71x73 mm
- Weight: 0,08 kg
Comparison Table Solutions for BOD Determination.